Home made skin care...Great fun!

Making your own skin care products is not only fun and full filling it rewarding. No one wants harmful chemicals on their skin. People assume that if you make your own skincare that it isn't going to be as good as shop bought…rubbish! 
Shop bought creams etc often contain phthalates, formaldehyde (which I’m allergic to), parabens and other chemicals that more often than not are harming not just to your skin but to the animals they use in testing them in the labs. Children love to make their own soaps, lip balms and bubble baths and it’s amazing how satisfying it is to put something on your skin that is totally natural or something that you've made.
 I remember my grandma making perfume out of rose petals we picked in the garden, face masks from mayonnaise, hair treatments from nettles, lemon and egg pore tightening treatments we had such fun doing this. So in the next few weeks I’m going to put some of these recipes up…enjoy and have fun!

Peppermint Lip Balm
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
1-1/4 teaspoon grated beeswax
2 teaspoons cocoa butter
Peppermint flavoring (or one of your own choice) My daughter liked the mint because it made her lips tingle!
2 vitamin capsules pierced and squeezed into the recipe.( I added this later on when I made them with my children the vit e acts as a natural preservative)
Take a small saucepan, heat oil, wax, honey and butter over a very low heat until melted.
Remove from heat and let cool slightly.

Stir in flavoring and pierced capsules of oil and pour in desired containers. My grandma used tiny metal containers but I bought empty lip salve tubes and used them and my daughter made labels and we stuck them on with glue. We had/have the softest lips ever and had such fun making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment