Autumn Aroma's

I'm reminded on this crisp autumnal day how much I love this time of year. The freshness in the air, crispy brown leaves crushing beneath my feet and pumpkin lattes. Although I’m a black coffee kinda girl but my friend introduced me to these coffees when I visited her in America.

It makes me excited to bring out my hot water bottle and drink hot chocolate beside the log fire and curl up with a book. Candles burning, leaving the scents of toffee apples and spices.
Don’t get me wrong I love the sun, and I adore sitting out in it or swimming in the pool and drinking cold Chardonnay. However there’s something very comforting about the cool air, winter sweaters, thick woolly socks, jeans and a glass of warming Shiraz.

I usually start collecting my ingredients for my Christmas cake, it should be made at least before the end of October but somehow I always seem to be rushing around in November and icing it on Christmas Eve.

My winter pansies are in bloom and the colours are sensational I love to have that splash of colour as everything is perishing in the colder weather these are blossoming.

I’m super busy at the moment with work and writing. I have three short Christmas stories coming out in November and I’m excited for these to be released. It seems like the year has flown and I wonder did I miss some of it as it passed me by, it seems the older I get the faster it goes. I wish I had a pause button just so I could catch my breath!









No comments:

Post a Comment